Thursday, January 8, 2009

Marriage~ Did You Know?

Men respond most dramatically to acts of respect. Interestingly, in light of all theses differences, God's primary command to husbands is to love , or cherish his wife, while wives are exhorted first and foremost to reverence, or respect, her husband. (Ephesians 5:25,33)

Respect is man's deepest and most basic desire in marriage. It energizes his dreams and gives meaning to his heart. Respect inspires a husband to love and cherish his wife in the way she desires. There is no better way for a wife to demonstrate respect for her husband than to wholeheartedly and sacrificially submit herself to him. (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Taken From Happily Married~ Debi Pryde

So ladies is this a weakness for you? I know it is for me. I hope this article was a blessing to you and that you got something to take and call your own today. The most important part is that we apply it. Come back again to find more marriage help in the weeks to come.

May God be with our marriages as we grow in grace together!

Don't forget....Our Marriage is the FOUNDATION of our family! Strive to be the one to make a difference in your marriage today.

My Prayer

Lord, I am so weak in this area, you have been so patient with me. I know your word has a purpose in our lives. I want my marriage to honor you. Help me to be a better wife today and fully submit to my husband. Have thine own way Lord.

In Jesus name AMEN

2 comments:

Peggy said...

What a wonderful message! I do my best, but I need work in this area too. Thank you for your posts on marriage!

GraceFromHim said...

You are welcome sweety come back for more ;)