Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Homeschooling ~ Sharing my testimony



It is a challenge to homeschool. I remember when I first decided that I was going to take on this huge challenge, as God had set it on my heart to do. At that time my husband (backslidden) didn't give me to much input on the matter and just left that decision up to me. I really struggled back and forth, I knew I didn't have the education or the know how to homeschool. I mean if you read my posts you will see, I am absolutely horrible at grammar amongst all the other things. But God laid this on my heart, I saw the things that was going on in the public school arena and I was not pleased. So upon faith I started homeschooling Austen in the 4th grade. During this time, there were a group of ladies at our church who were also starting to homeschool. As a group, we decided we would be a support system and work together. However for the most part, I felt alone. This brings me to this wonderful scripture God shows us in

Isaiah 54:3

And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

As I read this scripture amongst others, I realized my purpose in this life. I would often fight God's calling because I knew (in the flesh) I couldn't do it. But them he shewed me more.

2 Corinthians 10:5

Casting down imagination, and every high thing that exalteth itself againt the knowlege of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obediance of Christ.

Oh dear friend do we really apply this verse in our lives? If we did, I must say our hearts would change and our lives would bear the fruit. Satan loves to fill you with fears. But my friend, God wants to shew himself faithful, and true.

The last great passage I would like to share that changed my mind is Isaiah 44:3-5. And for sake of time I ask that you look that verse up in your bible as I need to end this devotion and move on. But God say here he will "pour water upon him that is thirst" , that he will, "pour out his spirit upon his seed", that growth will come about. Friend, it is not us that can homeschool our children it is our God who can work through us, and supply the fruit thereof. May we stop today and remember God is FOR us and we can accomplish great things in the spirit.

Lord, be with us today, help us to walk in the Spirit. Amen

No comments: