Thursday, January 8, 2009

Homeschool~THM



From The Homeschool Minute Magazine

Greetings!I promise that I'm not going to launch into a Miss Manners etiquette speech today. I'm not going to give instructions on how to hold a fork or pour tea. But when it comes to common courtesy, I think it's important to spend some time teaching our children how to treat others. John 13:35 says, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."While I think it's great that statistics show that homeschoolers are outperforming public school students on standardized tests, as a Christian mom, I'm most concerned that my children know the Lord and learn how to love others and put them first. Just remembering the letters in joy can help.Jesus first.Others.You.Having common courtesy for others, serving others, loving people, showing people that you care about them (even when they don't deserve it) is how our children can reach others for Christ. Take some time to talk to your child about how we should treat others and why it's so important. Putting others first doesn't come naturally, but you'll have plenty of opportunities to practice it in your home everyday. Just don't get discouraged. Those times when your child is acting selfish and inconsiderate are just opportunities for you to get to the heart of the matter like only a parent can.Enjoy every minute!

No comments: