Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Proverbs~ Today's Devotion



Proverbs 12:25Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

Heaviness- sorrow; fear; anxiety
stoop- to depress; to fall down
good- bountiful; cheerful; gracious
glad- brighten up; cheer up; to rejoice

How can you apply this verse to your life?

For me, God has really been working on my heart towards parenting. I daily need to give up my want to serve myself. God has called me to train my children up in the Lord. There are times though that my own adgenda can sometimes spoil that. I don't know about you but, for me I struggle when I am feeling overwhelmed with the worries and cares of this world. My dear hubby likes a clean, organized home. There are times when I get busy cleaning, (esspecially the afternoons before Wayne get's home)and one of my children will start goofing off and interupting me. I get real aggrevated and short with them. This verse reminds me that my words DO have a huge impact on my children.

No comments: