Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Proof Is In The Pudding





I take a strong stand in the beliefs I hold about homeschooling. Perhaps after twenty-five years of educating my children at home, I have earned the right to stand on my soap box and state clearly why I know homeschooling works. I know it works because my children have proved it works. They have graduated from college with honors, they know how to socialize, and they are able to function well in the work world and in their community. More importantly, each of them knows the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and the truths of His Word.



Anyone is capable of teaching his children at home if he really wants to. I have found that if you really want to follow the Lord and do what He asks, He will even overcome homeschooling obstacles like being a single parent, financial limitations, or a physical handicap. As God's Word says in Romans 8:31, "What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"Are you questioning today whether or not to continue homeschooling? Perhaps you are in your first or second year of schooling and thinking, "Maybe there's something better that I could be doing with my life?" I encourage you to remain faithful in homeschooling. You are making a difference in this world-you're loving your family and teaching them to follow Christ. Your purpose for being a homeschooling parent is treasured by God. The rewards will come, but you must be faithful. Don't give up!

"Therefore, my beloved (homeschoolers), be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord" (1 Corinthians 15:58).


Jesus, just getting through this homeschooling day, let alone the year, seems like an enormous task. Please empower me again by the Holy Spirit to stand firm in what You have shown me to do. In Your name I pray, Amen.


You can help save a homeschool! Learn how today by visiting aophomeschooling.com!Share your comments about this devotional online.

No comments: