Thursday, July 16, 2009

Attitude~Joy Restored







This is a personal experience I am sharing of How the Lord is working in my life,
it may just be for me but, possibly you are going through the same thing and the verses God gave me will help you too! We do not have to stay in a miserable state because of our circumstances!! We need not blame others for our unhappiness either!


1 Tim 6:6
But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
but a broken spirit drieth up the bones.

Being content takes God's work in your heart! Our flesh is so weak that way. It would always ceased to amaze me how some children of God were so full of JOY? I know sad that it amazed me, but It has been a very long while since I have had the true joy of Christ in my heart!

As I lie in bed last night and pondered how the Lord is working in my heart, tears of repentance rolled down my cheeks. I have been miserable for the past few years in my Christian walk. I sometimes wondered........why, why, can't I get out of this funk? I would look at my situation and say well my life is just not what I wanted it to me...ie...my children, my marriage, my health? Complain and murmur is what I would do....... some of you know you kindly listened to it.......ugh sorry this is part of the healing for me of repentance, it is a sin. We are to be thankful in EVERYTHING. Lord help me in this area where I am terribly weak!

God had prepared several key messages for me to hear that started this turning point. We are such a pitiful people who want our own way and seek it in the wrong way? Well maybe you think your not? I tell you speaking from experience...Pride can be a HUGE stumbling block, don't fool yourself as I did!
The Lord tells us in his Word, Our ways are NOT his ways (Isa 55:8.).........so why are we not dying to self daily? We struggle because we don't ask God to help? It saddens me that I have wasted so much time idle!! Oh friend I missed out on so many blessings!

Oh Lord let me not wonder from thy path! For your will is the perfect place to be.

A long while ago when my husband and I did some marriage counseling my Pastor gave a
verse to us that, I really didn't grasp until now. Yes, I knew what it meant but I really didn't apply it in my life!

Ponder thy path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Prov 4:26
*that word Ponder here mean to 'make way, make level, even'

Prov 4:18
But the path of the just is a shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
God says here that the path of a true Christian shineth MORE and MORE until we get called home.

Are we molding to Christ character or are we going our own way? Are we becoming more godly or more worldly? Do we know God's precepts but do not apply them? DO WE HAVE an attitude of gratitude? I sure have not, but Lord help me to change my wicked ways!

Oh boy, growing pains are hard but man they are so worth it! Remember he is the Potter, we are the clay.

I want to be a light for Christ in my life, I want my children to see that MY ONLY HOPE IS IN CHRIST ALONE! Oh to many times I have herd my children act the same way I do!! OUCH!

Lord,
I thank you for this devotion that you have laid on my heart to share, this is a very personal lesson I needed......sometimes the path of life is so difficult and we want to know why? This is where we lose the JOY, You have given us many examples in your Word one that comes to my mind is where Paul writes 'For I have learned for whatsoever state I am in therwith to be content' Lord we KNOW it is possible. I pray that you would continue to help me purge that ugly sin in my life called ungratefulness!! Restore my joy so I can be a testimony.
Help me to see the blessings and not look upon my circumstances. I can not see 'why' but I can trust you that you are preparing your perfect will in my life as long as I submit to you.
In Jesus Precious Name,
Amen

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Thank you for this post and the reminder that yes, he is the potter and we are the clay.
~ Blessings to you dear one.

Isabel said...

Thanks Brandie. I too find myself sad sometimes, and That brings such guilt feelings! Like 'Why should I be so sad when I have all these blessings?'As you said, the flesh is truley weak ang tryue happiness can only come from an ongoing and deep relationship with God.

(left you a comment on previous post too)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I have found in the last few months that I have wandered away from the path I want to be on with Christ. Thanks for this post.

Tonya said...

Hey, girl, I love this. I have recently been gifted with some amazing joy from God Himself!! To think that Paul wrote that awesome verse I think he was in 'PRISON!! Thanks for your continued encourages on the carepages. You are a good cyber friend. Praying for your gratefullness, we all can relate to that.
Your friend