Monday, April 27, 2009

When I say....."I am a Christian"












When I say ... "I am a Christian"I'm not shouting, "I'm saved"I'm whispering, "I get lost!""That is why I chose this way."

When I say ... "I am a Christian"I don't speak of this with pride.I'm confessing that I stumble,and need someone to be my guide.

When I say ... "I am a Christian"I'm not trying to be strong,I'm professing that I'm weak,and pray for strength to carry on.

When I say ... "I am a Christian"I'm not bragging of success,I'm admitting that I've failed,and cannot ever pay the debt.

When I say ... "I am a Christian"I'm not claiming to be perfect,my flaws are way too visiblebut God believes I'm worth it.

When I say ... "I am a Christian"I still feel the sting of pain.I have my share of heartacheswhich is why I seek His Name.

When I say ... "I am a Christian"I do not wish to judge.I have no authority,I only know I'm loved!
© 1998 - Carol S. Wimmer

1 comment:

Isabel said...

Hello Brandie! What a lovely and true thought!

I love your new blog look!