Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Road Block of Discontentment




Today I have really been reflecting. It has been a difficult time adjusting to a new place, finding a church and dealing with chronic pain. There are times I find myself 'stuck' in the rut of being discontent. If I start dwelling on our hardships and struggles I quickly find it hard to control my emotions. It then effects my marriage and my parenting.

Here are some verses I am focusing on this week

Lamentations 3:21-24
This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
[It is of] the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great [is] thy faithfulness.
The LORD [is] my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

Generally speaking depression in the Bible is 'sorrow' without HOPE.
The word depression is not found in the Bible but if you look up:
cast down, sorrow, overwhelmed, despair, dis-contented, or trouble, you will find more about what God says regarding being discontent.

May I remember HOPE is a confident anticipation of God's promised good outcome! God has it under control. I just need to keep my focus on the right place.





No comments: