Thursday, November 10, 2011

Growing..A search through Ephesians


Ephesians 4:17-24

This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness But ye have not so learned If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts And be renewed in the spirit of your mind And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

In this message so many things came to my mind. I do remember a time where I walked as the Gentiles and did what the world does. After I got saved I began to put on the NEW man....As I grew I was convicted about certain areas in my life that didn't match up to Gods Word. The struggle with sin was very difficult but I felt the Holy Spirit guiding me and convicting me to change old habits. The only way I was really going to learn how to walk uprightly was to read my Bible. I could trust that it was Gods Word and not mans. It was not about conforming to what the church believed or pleasing my fellow brothers and sister in Christ. I remember early on learning some very important life changing things from the Word of God.
The first thing God worked on was my marriage, then my parenting. It started with changing ME. There were such hard lessons in the first 3 years of my Salvation. But as I grew in the Lord and I walked in the light, there was that peace that is UNFORGETTABLE.

In this portion of scripture Paul is talking to the church, he was telling them that these things are going on amongst this church. There were those who were struggling with immorality. They had been making money off of it! So many in churches today think they can live behind the curtain of the "Christian".
But they are not fooling God. Paul gives us these examples in Scripture telling us to walk in the light. Gentiles walked in the vanity of their mind. We do not have to go back to old sin, we are a called out people, not to walk as the World does.

I just struggle and wonder why sometimes if we call ourselves Christians...why do we do some of the same things the world does? There were things in my life as a new Christian that I immediately put away.
To name a few...drinking, cussing, smoking. As I grew there were other areas God helped me get out of my life. I still struggle with sin as everyone does. I guess as long as I am growing, changing, transforming then God is pleased. We will always fight the flesh but the question is are we letting sin control us or are we dealing with it and asking for Gods help to get it out of our lives.

Do you think after years of Salvation and knowing the truth, we should be still known blatantly sinning?

No comments: