Sunday, May 22, 2011

Home Happenings 5-22-11



Good Afternoon!

Everything is unpacked and we are settled in our new home. It still doesn't feel like home, but I know with time it will. Finding a church home has been a bit challenging. We have been plugging along with school and will hopefully finish by the end of June. Austen had the privilege of going to work with dad on Saturday...he really enjoyed it! I think it is so important to teach our kids a good work ethic when they are young. We personally make it a part of homeschool so that our kids learn skills of being out in the community.

We have faced some trying times in this season of our life...but have felt the peace of God. Moving away from a place we lived all of our lives was one of the hardest things I have done!

Wayne is the best provider and is working hard in his new job here in Texas. The biggest blessing is for him to work alongside of a godly man who loves the Lord!! The Bragg family has been such a encouragement to us! Austen is exited about getting his permit and learning to drive, (not so sure I am... lol). Blake has made some new friends in the neighborhood and is adjusting very well here.

Ok..I know ya' ll have been wondering about this Texas weather... and how we are adjusting to it. Well, it has been fairly mild thus far but this is storm season and we are under a Tornado watch this evening. The night we got here, we had a hail storm...that was interesting!! I think it was fine until I had to drive to the into Dallas in it! I was so scared! I will say though the heat beats the rain back home. Ya, the heat is hot and at times uncomfortable but sunshine is so much better then a dreary day back home.

Well, I suppose...I need to go finish the cake I am making to take to the Braggs for dinner.

Have a GREAT weekend!



1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.