The stores are full of shoppers, hoping to find that perfect gift, and houses are decorated with
Christmas Deco. You can feel it in the air, and hear the excitement in your children's voices.
My kids love this time of year. My concern is do our children truly
know the meaning of Christmas? For them is it giving OR receiving?
Here are some ideas to help teach our
children that the TRUE JOY comes from giving.
1. Visit a Homeless Shelter & Bring a gift
2. Make Christmas Cards and take them to a retirement home.
3. Get a group together and go sing at a old folks home
4. Get a Giving paper from a local mall for a needy child and have your children pick out the gift to give.
5. Help a local food bank gather food .