Friday, July 24, 2009

Wholesome Tongue?





As I have been reading my Bible I felt conviction of going back through some specific verses on our tongue. The Lord knew we needed direction in this area sisters!

There are time for me that life just gets hectic, and it's rush, rush, hurry...hurry. I just absolutely seem to always BLOW it in those difficult times!
And guess who gets the brunt of it??? Ya, you know it.....My family. It is so sad that we can be so kind to our friends but we can treat the ones we love the most like dirt.

Proverbs 15:2
The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.
Proverbs 15:4
A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
the word ' wholesome' here means health-healing-cure, also refreshing, deliverence .

Do you have a wholesome tongue that is a tree of life....that is refreshing?
Or do you have a tongue that is a breach of spirit?

' breach' means....breaking, fracture, crushing, breach, crash, ruin, shattering

Let us be reminded of God's Word today, let us pray we open our mouth always with kindness..... To our children and husbands especially!

Proverbs 31:26
She openeth her mouth with wisdom ; and in her tongue [is] the law of kindness.

Let us pray...
Lord,
aJob 6:24
Teach me, and I will hold my tongue : and cause me to understand wherein I have erred .

In Jesus Name, Amen

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Wonderful, encouraging verses, thank you for sharing.
~ Blessings to you dear one.