Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reflecting On Change


It will be a year in April that we moved here to Texas.
Looking back I remember all the fears, excitement, and anticipation.
Any kind of change had always been difficult for me. But God has grown us as a family so much since our move. It was a time when we had to come together as a family and lean on each other for comfort. The thought of moving just a year prior made me sick inside. As we began to pray for God's direction he gave us peace and comfort. We met each step as it came. I remember days of fear and days of excitement. When there was fear, I would try and trust God to lead the way.

Fear is the opposite of faith! These two can not live together. If we have fear, then we are not trusting in God. Many times I would question if it was the right thing to do. I would have to keep surrendering those fears to God.

God taught us so much in the past year about trusting. Looking back it makes sense when at the time it made no sense. We were leaving so many good things behind. Today I am so thankful for the journey through the unknown. Thankful we took that leap of faith! The best part of this past year has been the LOVE and support that has been show by our church. The friendships I have made are very dear to my heart!

All I can say is that God demonstrated His faithfulness to us through this past year.

“Often times God demonstrates His faithfulness in adversity by providing for us what we need to survive. He does not change our painful circumstances. He sustains us through them.” ~ Charles Stanley


No comments: