Friday, January 16, 2009

A merry heart.....




As I have been reading and studying about my marriage God has been reminding me of some important things to be mindful of as a wife.

There are those days that from the moment you wake up until the time you go to bed, it is a struggle to even just go through the motions. As a wife and a mom we have a lot of responsibilities. We must continue to be reminded of our attitudes. For me personally, I deal with chronic pain. Pain wipes me out, and makes me crabby. As a mom and wife you can't just 'take the day off', we must press on through it. Today I am reminded of God's word that tells me about how my attitude can effect my family.

~ A wise woman sets a joyful mood in her home. Through laughter, music, smiles, and happy times, she creates a positive attitude. She knows that a lighthearted home relieves her husband of stress. - Debi Pearl

There are several verses to look at but let's concentrate on a few here.
Proverbs 15:15
All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.
Probably a familiar portion of scripture,
Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine; but a broken spirit drieth up the bones.
Proverbs 15:13
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

Ladies, we set the tones in our home. Does our husbands come home to a peaceful home, or to a home full of turmoil ? Does he walk through the door to see us pouting and complaining about how bad our day was?
We are all going to have those days, but may we stop and ask the Lord to help us have a merry heart.

No comments: